REPORT OF MALICIOUS REPORTS AND FAKE NEWS AND FACTS
HCI has become aware that in the recent months, there has been a steady stream of malicious fake news as well as the spread of misinformation to donors and related organizations. We suspect the source of such falsehoods and malicious rumours to be a discontent former member of HCI who, anonymously or under a false identity, writes, publishes and propagates lies and statements that are jarringly false with the clear intent to cause confusion, to sow discontent and to discredit the reputation of HCI. This decay of the truth is currently being investigated and tortfeasors will be prosecuted.
October 28, 2019
Over the past months, readers may have come across a newspaper article this past July concerning the arrest of four employees in the HCI-Pakistan office. Following a visit by the Chair of the HCI Board of Directors to Pakistan in September, we can now report the following:
Pakistan Update October 2019
August 23, 2019
Please see attached letter.
July 19, 2019
- We have learned that the HCI personnel have been released on bail.
- HCI is continuing in its quest to obtain up-to-date information about the situation in Pakistan and its impact on the HCI-Pakistan office.
- The Board of Directors has appointed an interim Director of the HCI-Pakistan office who is now actively engaged in reviewing existing programs.
- HCI is also in the process of retaining an experienced high-profile barrister in Pakistan to ensure effective communications with local authorities.
- HCI is now planning to send two of its executives to Pakistan in August 201o to provide the HCI Pakistan office both with guidance and support.
July 9th, 2019
HCI learned today through media reports of the arrest of 4 of its management people at its Pakistan Office (see link below). HCI is taking the following immediate measures to respond to this development in Pakistan:
- We are reaching out to authorities in Pakistan and offering our full cooperation
- HCI is appointing a new local management team
- In the interim, HCI will send an experienced individual from Canada to Pakistan to investigate and to prepare a plan to deal with this situation
- HCI is committed to investigate this matter
- We are in communication with the Pakistan HCI team to ensure that there is minimal impact on the ongoing charitable work upon which so many needy people rely
- HCI will provide regular updates on our website to keep our donors and others informed of the situation
We would like to assure our donors that HCI operates in a transparent manner with full financial accountability. We are committed to our charity work, which is closely monitored and evaluated.
Link to the article
Link to the article